Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Too much time has passed

Mum has been really busy this passed year that she has not had the time to translate my messages for the computer. Last March/April she became a foster carer for Hunter Animal Rescue, since then we have had a continuous run of cats, dogs, kittens and puppies come and stay with us.

We have lots of photos to put up with a little story about them but will (maybe) come later. Mum has enjoyed fostering so this year she is doing a TAFE course in Animal Studies. It is keeping her very busy as she is also working fulltime. She is not currently fostering but now working behind the scenes with HAR as a Pound Coordinator. Sort of like a liason between HAR and the Port Stephens Animal Refuge. She goes out each week to see what is available for adoption and takes photos. They then go out in an email to other carers and helps the animals 'break out' of the pound.

I go out to the pound with mum. I like the drive because I can't walk very far now. One day I was talking to a BIG dog that lives at the pound - her name is Angel -  when another big BAD dog came up and attacked me. He got me around the neck and I screamed! He didn't let go and mum had hold of me and three other people had to try and get the bad dog off me.

I spent the night in hospital after having an operation to fix me back up. There were lots of tubes and stitches and I had swelling and bruising to my neck. I am much better now.

1 comment: